Sharing Music And Opinions Because Its Fun

Post your thoughts!

Friday, March 12, 2010

On the Road

I am writing this post from the comfort(?) of a Megabus, heading back to Minneapolis for some badly-needed rejuvenation. On his awesome music blog, MFR, Ian Anderson posts a playlist of the songs that are carrying him through a road trip. I've decided to give it a shot.

I woke up at 5AM this morning so I'm tired and can't wait to get home. Therefore, most of these songs share a driving quality that, though they may not make the bus drive any faster, make the 612 seem just that much closer. This past week was strangely unsettling for me, but thinking of friends and home is a good remedy. All these thoughts come out in some form when I hear these songs.

Traveler or not, these tunes do the job.

Hauschka - Chicago Morning
Andrew Bird - Fiery Crash (Daytrotter Session)
Throw Me The Statue - Lolita
Brother Ali - Take Me Home
Dirty Projectors - Ascending Melody
Pavement - Range Life
Why? - Sky For Shoeing Horses Under
White Hinterland - Icarus
Matt & Kim - Lessons Learned
Dr. Dog - My Friend
The New Standards - Hey Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment