Sharing Music And Opinions Because Its Fun

Post your thoughts!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Land of Talk - Fun and Laughter

This EP from Land of Talk came out in late 2009, but I only just got it. I LOVED their last release, Some are Lakes, but their new stuff sounds promising. It's hard for me to exactly explain what it is that I love so much about this band, but it is something about frontwoman Elizabeth Powell's demeanor that just melts me. She can rock on a guitar fantastically well, but her singing voice is this fragile thing that shows more depth than most things you hear nowadays. Having seen them play live before hearing the album, it was definitely the personality that drew me in, and the music that has kept me hooked.

News: Lizzie Powell has joined the Broken Social Scene collective. Makes sense, since Land of Talk just finished a tour with Broken Social Scene. She is going to be collaborating with them on their upcoming May release. Can't Wait.

Land of Talk - May You Never

I played this song on the radio show I apprentice for this afternoon. That's right, I have a radio show. Please Listen!!!

WNUR Chicago 89.3 FM
Friday's @ 2-4PM.
The Weekly BJ with Breanne and Josh
featuring Patrick and Ryan)

STREAM ONLINE AT WNUR.ORG

No comments:

Post a Comment